Nigel North as Soloist (see also:
1977 London debut at the age of 23 (Wigmore Hall) - all Bach programme
1985 London series of 6 concerts, all Bach, with harpsichordist Maggie Cole
1985 Bach recitals in Poland, Germany, Holland, London and USA
1985/86 BBC radio series of music by Weiss and Bach (10 programmes)
1994 Linn Records promoted 2 London recitals (Wigmore Hall) of "Bach on the Lute"
- Nigel North's transcriptions of Bach's Sonatas and Partitas for solo violin, BWV 1001-1006
1996 Linn Records promoted 2 London recitals (Wigmore Hall) of "Bach on the Lute"
- Nigel North's transcriptions of Bach's 6 suites for solo cello BWV 1007-1012
1984-2001 International recitals in Japan, USA, Canada, Spain, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Italy, France, Israel, Brazil, Russia, Poland, Slovenia, Greece, Germany, Ireland.
Selected events include appearances :
- Madrid (1989)
- Lufthansa Baroque Festival (1986, 1990 etc)
- York Early Music Festival (1985 -2000)
- Utrecht Early Music Festival
- Bath International Guitar Festival (1996-1998)
- International Guitar Festival, San Paulo (1997)
- Innsbruck Festwochen für Alte Musil (1997, 2001)
- Quebec City (Summer Festival) (1997)
- Festival Internacional de Agosto, Caracas (1999)
- Potsdam Sans Souci (1998)
- Guitar Federation of America (2000)
- Bach Festival Leipzig (2000)
- Vancouver Early Music Festival (1994. 2001)
- Konzerthaus, Vienna (2001)
- Alicante Guitar Festival (2001, 2002, 2005)
- Montreal Baroque ( 2004,2005,2006)
In the 80's I played many concerts of Bach with a dear friend and wonderful
harpsichordist , Maggie Cole. Here we are in St John's Smith Square, London, but
we also did a series of Bach at the Wigmore Hall in 1985.